Kinks in the wire...
Okay, this is weird. The wire is flexible, but has nowhere near the flexibility of yarn. I feel like I’m wrestling this stuff onto the needles. The stitches don’t line up nicely next to each other like yarny cast-on’s, they fidget and fight each other like nap-starved kindergarteners. At least there’s no concern for elasticity.
To make matters worse, I couldn’t quite figure out which end to cast on. Which, of course, meant I invariably cast on the wrong end. I needed to cast on in such way that the beads were lined up on my working yarn. I still can’t quite explain how I did whatever I did to end up with all the beads lines up on the wrong end of the yarn, but I did. The only thing worse than casting on with wire is undoing a cast on, which is because it can’t be done. I had to cut off the twelve cast on stitches and rework my beads. Sigh.
It doesn’t appear neat and tidy to me. I don’t like the kinks in the wire--I was expecting smooth loops for stitches, but they look all wobbly. I have a feeling that the finished product will look like aforementioned kindergarteners did the stitching.
Now, now, Allie a single cast on row is a bit early to judge. Remember, Karen told me I wouldn’t like it at first. So she’s right, and there’s some trustworthiness to that. I’ll keep going.