While I can’t yet call myself a big fan of knitted jewelry, I am glad to have made this foray into the craft. I wore it to an awards dinner recently and received many compliments on it, especially when people learned I had made it myself.
- It’s very comfortable–not at all scratchy and quite flexible.
- The magnets make it very easy to put on without any help, and I can’t say that of all the bracelets I own.
- It’s unique and original, which I always like in accessories.
- I find myself wishing I had made the narrower version and placed the beads more densely. It’s feels like too much of a statement piece to wear everyday, and I think I would wear it more often if it didn’t feel so “standout.”
- Despite its flexibility, I’m worried it will get bent out of shape or develop nasty kinks in the “fabric.”
This would make an excellent weekend adventure for a knitting group or knitting retreat, provided the knitters had enough experience to knit with wire. I wouldn’t foist this on beginners–it’s a bit too frustrating.
This project completes our visit to Kansas City. Next up, we’ll meet three of Atlanta’s many yarn shops and have a few adventures.